Is eufyCam 3 compatible with Apple HomeKit?
No. It is compatible with Alexa and the Google Assistant currently. HomeKit is still undergoing development, please stay tuned.
Tests show that with full exposure to direct sunlight for 2 hours, the camera can keep working for an entire day. However, this depends on the strength of the sunlight. Install your camera in a position that exposes it to as much sun as possible. If the weather is cloudy or rainy, the power level may reduce, but it will charge up again when exposed to sunlight again. Factors such as long trigger lengths, frequent event detections, and streaming video, may use battery faster.
These 2 factors may influence the experience:
1. The solar panels are not charging the device enough. One possibility is that the position of the camera is not allowing enough access to direct sunlight. In this case, adjust the position or location. It may also be that the weather is not ideal for solar charging. In this case, there is no need to worry. When the weather becomes sunny, normal charging will resume.
2. The current operation of the camera is consuming power beyond what is normal. In this situation, you may need to adjust the configuration to reduce false triggers and excessive recording events. Try the following:
1) Switch to Power Saving mode.
2) Reduce the sensitivity of Motion Detection.
3) Choose Human Only mode.
4) Enable Activity Zones that focus on the monitoring area. Try to avoid including public walkways or roads as movement in these areas may result in frequent false triggers.
HomeBase 3 is compatible with all eufyCam models, eufy Battery Doorbells (except E8213), and eufy Sensors. It will be compatible with all eufy Security devices by the end of May 2023, with the exception of eufy Wired Doorbell.
Any 5V 2.5" storage drive (HDD or SSD) with a SATA interface.
Note: 12V storage drives are not supported.