Where should the Aqara Motion Sensor P1 be installed and how do I install them?
3. Do not place it on a metal surface or allow something to block the motion sensor P1.
1. Do not install the sensor on tile, glass, marble and other smooth and moist surfaces, so that the adhesive will not come off.
2. Do not install the sensor on the surface of high-temperature and heat objects such as lighting tubes, so that the adhesive will not come off.
3. Do not install the sensor on rough and uneven surfaces such as wall coverings, so that the adhesive will not come off.
4. Do not put the sensor towards hot objects such as electrical appliances when installing to avoid false triggering caused by infrared interference.
Yes. If you do not want a pet to trigger the sensor. Please refer to the detection diagram in the quick start guide and place the motion sensor P1 in a higher location. This way, a pet will not trigger the sensor when it moves on the floor. (Please refer to the quick start guide regarding the installation options).
How to identify if the Aqara Motion Sensor P1 works properly?
Click the reset button of the Motion Sensor P1. If the Hub makes voice prompts, "Normal link confirmed", it indicates that the Hub and the Motion Sensor communicates properly; If there is no voice prompt, please move the sensor closer to the Hub and try again. If there is still no voice prompt, the sensor might be deleted or it might run out of battery. Please refer to the accessory adding methods to add the accessory or replace the battery.
How can we use the "Detection Interval"?
The "Detection Interval" is to set the shortest time interval from the previous time of "motion detected" to the next one. For example, the default interval is 10 seconds, then after the motion is detected, no other motion will be detected within 10 seconds.