1. Line up the sensor unit and the magnet unit according to the mounting mark as shown in the quick start guide. Attach the sensor unit to the fixed surface and the magnet to the surface that will be opened.
2. The distance between the sensor unit and the magnet unit should be less than 22 mm (7/8 inch).
3. The exact position can be changed but ensure that the sensor unit and the magnet unit are installed in alignment.
4. Because of the complex indoor environment, adjusting the distance between the Aqara Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor can improve the overall result.
5. Avoid installing sensors on metal surfaces because of the adverse effect this can have on the signal.
How can I install the Aqara Door and Window Sensor if the door and the door frame are not at the same level?
Turn the magnet 90 degrees. It is better to install the sensor unit on a fixed door frame and attach the small magnet unit to the door to protect the sensor better. The sensor unit should be less than 22 mm (7/8 inch) from the magnet. They should not be installed too close to each other to avoid contact and possible damage.
What is the effective communication distance between the Aqara Hub and the Aqara Door and Window Sensor?
Normally the range of the Aqara Door and Window Sensor is about 7-10 meters (23-33 feet) from the Aqara Hub. In the complex indoor environment, the communication distance will be reduced if there is a wall between the Hub and Door and Window Sensor.
How do I know if the Aqara Door and Window Sensor works properly?
1. Single press the reset button of the sensor, the hub will prompt with the voice message "normal link confirmed" which means the connection between the sensor and the hub is normal. If the hub gives no response, please move the sensor closer to the hub and try again. If the hub remains silent, the sensor might have been removed from the hub or run out of power. Please follow the instructions to add the sensor or replace the battery.
2. Please split the sensor and the magnet and then move them back together, then check the log of the Aqara Door and Window Sensor in the app. The sensor is working properly if the corresponding event has been updated in the log.
What functions does the Aqara Door and Window Sensor have?
1. The Aqara Door and Window Sensor can be installed on the door or window to detect door and window status.
2. Works with other smart devices. If it detects that the door or window opens or closes, and it triggers other devices to turn on or off home appliances or to take other actions.
How can I reset the Aqara Door and Window Sensor?
1. Press the reset button for 3 seconds. The indicator light will flash 3 times before restoring to factory settings.
2. If the bound sensor needs to be bound to another hub, it needs to be reset first.