What is the Wi-Fi relay function of Aqara Hub E1? How to use it?
1. Wi-Fi relay means that Aqara Hub E1 will generate new WLAN hotspots after being connected to the home wireless router to enlarge the signal cover for other Wi-Fi-appliable devices to connect, which can be used in places with poor Wi-Fi signal including hallway and entry door, and supports up to two accessories.
2. The Wi-Fi relay function can be enabled in the “Settings” - “Wi-Fi Relay” of the app. The device has default hotspot name and password, which can be changed by users.
What is the maximum connectable distance between the accessory and the Hub? Whether the signal can pass through the wall?
The connectable distance between the accessory and the Hub varies for different indoor environment. When it is applied in the home environment, it is recommended that the distance between the accessory and the Hub should be no more than 10m, with at most two walls.
Does the Hub have an alarm function?
The Hub has no built-in loudspeaker and buzzer, so it does not support the local audio alarm, however, it can work with other alarm device on the local area network or in the cloud through automation to achieve alarm function.
How to add the Zigbee accessories to the Hub?
1. Zigbee accessories can connect the Aqara Hom APP via the Hub. When connecting the Aqara Home APP, please select the Hub to bind according to the prompt in the app.
2. If you want to change the Hub bound to a Zigbee accessory, please firstly delete the Zigbee accessory from the app homepage and add it again, then re-add the Hub to be bound.
3. You can view the list of accessories bound to the Hub in the app.
Does it support adding accessories to the Hub via Bluetooth?
The device does not support adding accessories via Bluetooth.